Becoming an American Heart Association instructor is easy after consulting with an American Heart Association Training Center to find out whether the Training Center (TC) is accepting new instructors and the TCC's (Training Center Coordinator) preferred course delivery.
1. You must have a current American Heart Association BLS Provider CPR course completion card.
2. Need to have 2 letters of recommendation from CPR educators, AHA Training Center Faculty or Director (or Assistant Director of EMS Training Department at your EMS/Ambulance Service, Fire Department or healthcare facility.
3. Complete the BLS Essentials Instructor course prior to start of the course (without exception). Link to course can be found here: http://elearning.heart.org/course/26 The cost of this is $28.50 (cost not included in the Instructor Course fee). Continuing Education hours are available for EMS. Certificate must be emailed to Contact@BayStateEMSEducators.com BEFORE the start of the course.
4. Purchase the American Heart Association Instructor Package. This can be purchased through AED Superstore at a cost of $125.00 (cost not included in Instructor Course fee) at https://www.aedsuperstore.com/aha-15-1077-2015-bls-instructor-package.html
5. Complete the American Heart Association Instructor Candidate form (will be done in class) The candidate will be automatically affiliated with the American Heart AssociationTraining Center that our company uses (if you do not already have one). If you are affiliating with another AHA Training Center, please inform us and add the Training Center and Training Center Coordinator's name, address and phone on your instructor candidate form.
Please feel free to bring your laptop or tablet for filling out anything online or accessing the online resources throughout the course. Supplemental materials will also be provided for you.
$100 deposit required. This is NON-REFUNDABLE!!!
Due to the cost associate with running this course, no refunds will be issued. $100 non-refundable deposit due at time of registration (if fee is not paid in full). Balance due must be paid on day of couse and can be paid by cash, check, or credit card via Paypal.
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in all AHA courses and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the AHA.